Baseball great Yogi Berra, who died on Tuesday evening at the age of 90, was known for his humor and quick wit.
The iconic character spent almost all of his 19-year career with the New York Yankees, winning 10 World Series and three Most Valuable Player awards.
5 Baseball Myths and Legends
Here are some of his more memorable quotes:
- "It ain't over till it's over"
- "It's like deja-vu all over again"
- "It ain't the heat; it's the humility"
- "Baseball is 90 percent mental - the other half is physical"
- " I never said most of the things I said... Take it with a grin of salt"
- "If you don't know where you're going, you might end up some place else"
- "He hits from both sides of the plate. He's amphibious"
- "You can observe a lot by watching"
- "The future ain't what it used to be"
- "Never answer an anonymous letter"
- "When you come to a fork in the road, take it"
- "I always thought that record would stand until it was broken"
- "If the world was perfect, it wouldn't be"
- "Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't go to yours"