He admitted that so far nobody has approached his company to evaluate the possible advantages of the technology.
"We are now dealing with the ship operator Costa Crociere. Several problems, including the ship's removal, have to be discussed," environment minister Clini said.
The ship is set to remain at sea for nearly a year. Experts estimate that seven months are necessary for the wreck's removal in case it is cut into pieces.
"More than 10 months are required to remove the ship in its entirety. A very complex operation involves the submerged hull," Gabrielli said.
Seventeen people were confirmed killed in the accident and 15 remain missing. Gabrielli believes that some the 15 missing bodies are likely in that part of the hull and seabed.
"As the ship began to tilt, some people were thrust backward," Gabrielli said.
Passengers and crew who survived the collision have been called by judge Valeria Montesarchio to testify at a hearing on March 3 in Grosseto.
Since 4,228 people survived the accident, the event will not take place in a court, but at a theater in Grosseto.