Earth Time Lapse Video from ISS is Amazing!
This time lapse video, taken by the International Space Station, is filled with lightning storms, the Northern Lights, tropical currents and pure awesomeness. The video is a series of sequence photographs taken with a low-light 4K-camera by the crew of Expedition 28 and 29.
If you have commitment issues and do not want to watch a five minute video, there are some screen grabs below. But trust me, the lightning storms a lone are worth it.
Here is what you are seeing, in order of appearance:
1. Aurora Borealis Pass over the United States at Night
2. Aurora Borealis and eastern United States at Night
3. Aurora Australis from Madagascar to southwest of Australia
4. Aurora Australis south of Australia
5. Northwest coast of United States to Central South America at Night
6. Aurora Australis from the Southern to the Northern Pacific Ocean
7. Halfway around the World
8. Night Pass over Central Africa and the Middle East
9. Evening Pass over the Sahara Desert and the Middle East
10. Pass over Canada and Central United States at Night
11. Pass over Southern California to Hudson Bay
12. Islands in the Philippine Sea at Night
13. Pass over Eastern Asia to Philippine Sea and Guam